Terms of Service for Christian Bloggers Ring
Next, this is a preliminary Terms of Agreement. It is very liberal, so I doubt if anyone will find anything objectionable about it. If anyone does, they have only to contact me with their concern/s and I will try to modify those terms in question to meet their requirements. I want this to be something all Webmasters can be comfortable with.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Christian Bloggers Ring is a open webring service. I say opem because the number of websites I can host within this ring is currently unlimited. In the future this may change at the whim of the Webring System that hosts this webring, but for the present they have no such plans.
It is my policy to offer open, and relatively unrestricted access to my webring, with regard to the type of content allowed, with the exceptions noted in Appendix A. The Service provided by Christian Bloggers Ring allows related websites a means to link together into easily navigable groupings referred to as a Webring. While I the Ringmaster provide the basic navigation system (navpanel) for this webring, each member website page hosting the navpanel for this webring does so on a different server owned and operated by another person who is often known as the Webmaster. Christian Bloggers Ring has no control over, access to, or responsibility for the content found on these member web pages that display this ring's navpanel, or the associated web pages for these member websites, including images, links, trademarked material and/or other content.
Because of this, by using my webring and viewing member websites or their related pages, you understand and agree that you may be exposed to images and other material that you may find objectionable, indecent, or otherwise offensive. If the content or material found on a member website or one of it's other pages concerns you, then please provide me with the name of the website in question.
Due to the possibility of exposure to adult or mature content, and the collection of personal information (name, e-mail address, and year of birth), we do not allow children under the age of 14 to join this webring as hosted on The Lord's Rings (the webring system that is hosting this webring)!
This in no way means that children under the age of 14 may not navigate this webring, view members other website's pages, or that they cannot visit this ring's List/Hub page to find a member website. It just means that they cannot join this webring!
CONTENT OWNERSHIP CLAUSE
For content you make available through your website as hosted by Christian Bloggers Ring, including descriptions, links and images, you grant that the world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license to reproduce and publish such content, for the sole purpose of promoting this webring. This license remains in effect only for as long as you continue to be a member of this webring, and it will end at the time you delete such content from this ring. In plain English, this means that you retain the copyright on all your content, but you grant us the right to use it in order to publicize this webring, and acquire new members. More members means more web exposure for you. This does not mean that we will use your graphics or content, it means we can use your website as an example or mention your website to prospective members. If you have any concerns on this, or if any part of it is not clear, then please contact me. What is yours, should remain yours!
RESERVED RIGHTS AND INDEMNITY
You agree to indemnify and hold Christian Bloggers Ring, and its affiliates and agents harmless from any claim, liability, loss, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees due to or arising out of content you make available through this webring, your use of this webring, your connection to this webring, your violation of these Terms of Service, or your violation of any rights of another. We also reserve the following rights:
- To deny, remove or block any website and website information from this webring with notice, for any reason, including tampering or interfering with the function of this webring, violation of these Terms of Service, and/or lack of use.
- To delete or suspend any member website and website information that appears to have been abandoned. All effort will be made to notify the Webmaster (Owner) prior to taking these actions.
- To modify or discontinue the use of this ring's Navpanel for any reason, either temporarily or permanently, without notice. You agree that Christian Bloggers Ring shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of your membership within this webring!
- Upon leaving this webring, Webmasters agree to remove all Christian Bloggers Ring related data, including the navpanel as supplied by the this webring, and any other trademarks from their website.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
Christian Bloggers Ring makes no representations about the suitability of this webring or about any content or information made accessible by the use of this webring for any purpose. This webring is provided "AS IS" without express or implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Christian Bloggers Ring makes no warranty that
- this webring will meet your requirements,
- that this webring will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free,
- that the results that may be obtained from the use of this webring will be accurate or reliable, and finally that any errors in the navpanel code will be corrected as fast as you may wish them to be.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Christian Bloggers Ring and any of its agents shall not be held liable under any theory for any damages suffered by you or any user of this webring, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other losses (even if you have advised us of the possibility of such damages), resulting from
- the use or the inability to surf this webring;
- unauthorized or accidental loss or alteration of your data or transmission;
- or any other matter relating to this webring.
If you have any questions about these Terms of Service, please visit our Help Center.
Although we do not actively monitor the content of our member websites, we do try to be very broad in what will be allowed in Christian Bloggers Ring. We do however automatically forbid the following types of content any where within a member's website:
- Promoting or conducting illegal activities. Such information if found, will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- Child Pornography. Yes this does falls under the above, but it bears emphasizing. If any content is found to even remotely promote child pornography, or otherwise promoting the exploitation or abuse of children, we will happily report the offending person to the proper authorities will all haste.
- Racial/Religious/Sexual Hatred or Bigotry. We strongly support the First Amendment and individual liberties. We are exercising ours by declining to host such material. If you want to promote such beliefs, it is your right but please go somewhere else.
ADD A WEBSITE!
Note: By clicking the "Join" button and registering a website ID you are in acceptance of the terms and agreements of this Webring.
Note: After registering your new website, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. If you do not receive this e-mail within a reasonable amount of time, or do not see your website listed when clicking on webring management (Site admin), please resubmit your information. Upon submitting for a new membership within this webring, your name will be added to our mailing list. This mailing list is used ONLY to keep Webmasters informed of upcoming changes, updates or other important information. This list will not be abused and your information will not be sold. Every effort has been made to keep your information private.